I have finally finished my
WebQuest! It is about Communicative Language Teaching and is created for
pre-service EFL teachers. It took quite a lot of time to find all the materials
and put them all together, but I really enjoyed the process. Unfortunately, I
won't be able to try this WebQuest with my students because my lectures have
already finished. I will send my students a message asking to access the WebQuest, but
I don't think they will do the assignments. I am going to use this WebQuest
next academic year.
This week I have learned about a new tool - Padlet. I was so excited about it that I decided to use it in my WebQuest. I registered at Padlet.com and linked some pages to my WebQuest. I want my students to use Padlet to share the results of their work, but the tasks they have to complete are not very creative. I am not sure I've chosen the best way to use Padlet because I think it is best used for showing students' work such as videos, slideshows etc. or for doing group research. Anyway, for the time being, I think it's ok to try to use it at least in such a simple way.
This week topic was Learner Autonomy. It is directly related to my final project as the use of WebQuests can foster learner autonomy in the classroom. Thus, in my WebQuest students are supposed to complete the tasks on their own. As we do not have an opportunity to complete the WebQuest in class, I decided to ask students to do it at home and use the knowledge obtained for a class discussion. Unfortunately, it means that they will have to work individually at home, but I will use some group work in class when we discuss what students have learned.
Anyway, as I won't be able to try the WebQuest right away, I would really appreciate your feedback and comments. You can access my WebQuest at
This week I have learned about a new tool - Padlet. I was so excited about it that I decided to use it in my WebQuest. I registered at Padlet.com and linked some pages to my WebQuest. I want my students to use Padlet to share the results of their work, but the tasks they have to complete are not very creative. I am not sure I've chosen the best way to use Padlet because I think it is best used for showing students' work such as videos, slideshows etc. or for doing group research. Anyway, for the time being, I think it's ok to try to use it at least in such a simple way.
This week topic was Learner Autonomy. It is directly related to my final project as the use of WebQuests can foster learner autonomy in the classroom. Thus, in my WebQuest students are supposed to complete the tasks on their own. As we do not have an opportunity to complete the WebQuest in class, I decided to ask students to do it at home and use the knowledge obtained for a class discussion. Unfortunately, it means that they will have to work individually at home, but I will use some group work in class when we discuss what students have learned.
Anyway, as I won't be able to try the WebQuest right away, I would really appreciate your feedback and comments. You can access my WebQuest at
No comments:
Post a Comment