The highlight of this week
was our final project. It took me quite a lot of time to prepare the WebQuest
and then write the first draft of my final project. I put in a lot of effort
trying to make it as explicit as possible and therefore, I was really glad to
receive positive comments from Sawako, who was my partner. I had to make only a few
slight changes in the first draft before publishing it. Namely, I decided to include the questions
we were supposed to answer. In my first draft I didn't have the questions, but
having read Sawako's first draft, I noticed that because of the questions she
kept in her draft, it was much easier to follow her ideas. So I decided to
include the questions into my final draft as well.
The readings about the theory of multiple intelligences and learning styles were a good reminder of what I learned before. I took the learning style quiz at http://www.edutopia.org and found out that my strongest intelligences are linguistic, intrapersonal, and visual/spatial. This was not a surprise to me because I had taken similar paper-based quizzes before. However, this was the first time I did it on-line and I really liked how quickly it was, so I added the link to Edutopia to my Delicious page. In my English Language Methodology class we talk about learning styles and multiple intelligences and I usually ask my students to take a quiz to find out their own style. From now on, I am planning to ask them to take it on-line rather than on paper.
Anna
The readings about the theory of multiple intelligences and learning styles were a good reminder of what I learned before. I took the learning style quiz at http://www.edutopia.org and found out that my strongest intelligences are linguistic, intrapersonal, and visual/spatial. This was not a surprise to me because I had taken similar paper-based quizzes before. However, this was the first time I did it on-line and I really liked how quickly it was, so I added the link to Edutopia to my Delicious page. In my English Language Methodology class we talk about learning styles and multiple intelligences and I usually ask my students to take a quiz to find out their own style. From now on, I am planning to ask them to take it on-line rather than on paper.
Anna
ReplyDeleteHello Anna. Hope you are doing well!
You are quite right in saying that the highlight of this week was our final project. At last we could complete our reports. I read your final project, it looks great! You really put in all your effort to describe clearly what you will do, which technology tools you will implement in your classes. I liked your idea of using Webquests. I hope you will achieve your students' active participation with the help of this tool.
What about learning styles this is the most decisive topic in preparing our lesson plans. The online quiz was really interesting for defining what kind of learning styles we possess. I also added this site to my delicious page. And don't forget to add other useful websites to your delicious, too!
Have a nice week!
Gulnar