I can’t
believe this is the end of Week 10 and the end of the course. Time indeed
flies!
The course
has been really productive. I have learned a lot about how to use technology to
make lessons more interactive. The most interesting topics for me were the
following:
- The use of blogs for teaching
- Carrying out effective web searches and bookmarking sites with Delicious
- Project-based learning, WebQuests and rubrics
- Interactive PowerPoint
- The one-computer classroom.
I liked
those topics because they provided me with new ideas and tools I can use in my
classroom. Also, I liked that, while exploring these topics, we had some practical
tasks that encouraged me to try and implement the knowledge I gained. But for
these tasks, I might not have become confident to apply this knowledge in my
classroom.
As for the
tools I am going to use in my classes, there are plenty of them. First of all, I
am going to start using WebQuests to make my teaching more interactive and
student-centered. Then, I am going to use Rubistar, EasyTestMaker, HotPotatoes
and various websites that provide resources for lessons, such as
BreakingNewsEnglish. Finally, I have created a discussion class on Nicenet that
I am going to start using next academic year. I also want to create a class
wiki. I have lots of plans and ambitions in terms of integrating technology
into my classes and I do hope I will be able to implement all of my ideas.
To conclude my post, I want to thank Donna for developing and facilitating such an interesting and useful course and other course participants for sharing their knowldge and experience with me. I really enjoyed this course and had fun working with you all.
Anna
Hello Anna,
ReplyDeleteThe topic about blogging was very interesting and challenging as you've said in your post. Moreover, I think like you that WebQuests can be very helpful for a more effective teaching/learning process. I hope your students will like the Nicenet discussion.
Please let's keep in touch. My Facebook profile is Elias Diallo and my email address eliaseltzig@gmail.com
Regards
Elias
Hello Anna,
ReplyDeleteAs is written in your post, your future class is with new tools. I am sure they will work. I hope your plan will be beneficial to your work place. I am thankful to you for sharing ideas on the report and appropriate advice. I hope you will keep in touch with me.
Hi Anna, it is nice to see all the things you learned throughout these last 10 weeks. There were too many interesting and new things we have learned and I know your students are going to be eager to learn what you are going to teach them. Wishing you all the best,
ReplyDeleteRoberto
Hello Anna,
ReplyDeleteIt's been great working with you this term. I wish you all the best in all you do!
Hugs to you.
Donna