Hello All,
This week
was a bit hectic at work. So I am glad I managed to meet the deadlines for the
tasks and I really hope that I didn’t miss anything.
Speaking of
what I have learned this week, ABCD learning objectives were not new for me.
Last year I took the ESP Best Practices on-line course where we practiced
creating ABCD objectives. I remember I had to change my objectives several
times before they fitted the ABCD model, but it was worth it. This time I didn’t
have problems with formulating my objective.
I enjoyed
the Web searching task. Being a loyal Google user, I have always thought that Google
and Google Scholar are the best search engines. Therefore, discovering iSeek Education,
Sweet Search and INFOMINE was a pleasant surprise. Also, I really appreciate
the links other people posted. Thus, thanks to Dareen, I have found out about Merriam
Webster Website. I am going to share the link with my students and sure they
will love it.
Perhaps, the
most important task for me this week was Project Task # 1. I have chosen the
class I would like to focus on and I have started thinking about the technology
tool I would like to integrate into my class. I think I want to create a blog.
I haven’t decided yet whether it is going to be the Tutor Blog or the Class
Blog. The Tutor Blog will definitely be easier to create, but the Class Blog
might be more interesting and useful for students as they will be able to
participate in on-line discussions. I think I might start with the Tutor Blog
and then see what will happen.
Anna
Hello Anna,
ReplyDeleteWe approximately have the same impressions for Week 2. The web searching was of great importance. From now on, we know that Google is not always the searching tool. The project task # 1 has really helped me too to bring a positive change into my class. The students were indeed very excited and highly motivated. I hope this can help many problems.
As far as the ABCD method is concerned, I do acknowledge it is new for me and it helped me to better design my lesson plan especially on the evaluation level.
Elias
Hi Anna!
ReplyDeleteThe ABCD activity for me was a bit a confused but good to know that you practiced again and again in your last year online course and
covered it. You are right many collegues shared very good websites link which are very useful for the students and us as well. As we go forward we will enhance our knowledge and expertise with help of this useful online course. wish you and all fellows a very good luck for this course and bright future.
Hi Elias and Nasir,
ReplyDeleteThank you for your comments. Good to know that somebody else has a similar opinion!
Anna